Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Desert Island Crafters Challenge


Its time for another itinerary at Desert Island Crafters Challenge blog! This time it was my pick and I thought I would throw a few more curves at you:


Cyndi's Itinerary:
1. Use glimmer Mist or similar
2. Orange
3. Something recycled
4. Pull out your scraps!
5. Chipboard
6. Anything but a card
7. 2+ images
8. Glitter or Bling
9. pull out those chalks
10. A hand-made embellishment


I used the adorable image Skelekinz Cupcake Stroller from Bugaboo Stamps. I was going to pretend that those are ice cream cones in the stroller since that’s what is on the cute paper from Echo Park, but now with my chipboard piece the ice cream cones look like cupcakes!


My layout for the card is based on this weeks sketch at Die Cut Dreams.



From my itinerary I used Glimmer mist (on the flowers and chipboard); bling (rhinestones and skullie flower center…isn’t he cute!!), recycled something (a paperclip…ok, well its repurposed at least), orange (my favorite color), chipboard (the bracket) and scraps.



Here’s a close up of the cutie herself :)



And here’s a ook at the chipboard. It’s a piece of Maya Road chipboard that I inked with Lime Pastel Versacolor then spritzed with Glimmer Mist once that was dry.



And finally the cute flowers. The polka dot one from my stash was a perfect find!! I added a cute skellie center to my flower…got it from Betty’s Store in Greensboro.



OK, so you have until June 14th to enter our little Desert Island challenge…hope to see you there!!


Challenge List:

Desert Island Crafters Challenge: Cyndi’s Itinerary

Die Cut Dreams: sketch

Catch the Bug: Bright Colors

Pile It On: The Sprinkle in My Life

Fussy and Fancy: Recipe Challenge

A Spoonful of Sugar: Flower Power


Thanks for strolling by my blog today! I appreciate each of you!

-Cyndi

5 comments:

  1. So many bright colours. Thank you so much in joining in with our BRIGHT COLOUR challenge at Catch The Bug, the Bugaboo challenge blog.
    TFS
    Paul
    http://www.craftyblogocks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab Entry, thanks for joining Die Cut Dreams challenge, Good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, thanks for joining us at DCD.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, this is just gorgeous and the image is sooo cute! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Die Cut Dreams and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now this is just too darn cute! What a fabulous job! Well done! Thank you for playing along with us at the Catch the Bug Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Every comment makes me smile :)