Via my friends Suzi, aka Mrs Weyremester, and Alison of 21st Century Pillow Book, I found out about this wild day over at Smeared and Smudged...a fun place to hang out for the alternative artists. Interpret that as you may but go check out the forum, theblog, and the store if this sounds fun to you!
So I have struggled with what to create…mainly because I seem to have a lack of skull stamps in my stash. And I couldn't decide between a more whimsical skull image or a more detailed one. I finally settled on doing 2 projects!
First up, the more whimsical of the two, and the more like "me" is Cut-throat Lizzie from Kraftin' Kimme Stamps. I was inspired by the bright bikini my daughter wore today and thought it would be fun and different pirate colors.
And then I created a layout which is a bit more the darker (grungier) side of me :) Skulls abound in this one...from the grungeboard, the last of my skull flower stash, Jack Skellington, and even skullish looking designs on the letters!
From here you want to head to Pamela's blog!!
Here's the hop order in case you get lost along the way! (I have supplies listed at the bottom of the post if interested). Thanks for coming by today! Don't forget to check out all the FABULOUS sponsors we have for this hop...there are LOTS of prizes to be won!
My little man even got in on the fun, when he saw this "Horned Skull" from Smeared Ink he was just dying to color it! So here is Michael with his skull:
Dead Man Tell Supplies:
- Stamps: Cut Throat Lizzie & Kimmie's Pirate Sentiments (Kraftin' Kimmie)
- Paper: Summer Days pp (Echo Park); Bazzill cs
- Ink: Palette Noir
- Accessories: Circle Nesatbilties (Spellbinders); circle punches (EK); ribbon (Bo Bunny)
- Paper: Bazzill Red Devil, SU! Basic Gray
- Ink: Palette Noir (Stewart Superior); Moonlight White Briliance Dew Drop (Tsukineko); Pewter Spritzer
- Accessories: Chipboard frame (Technique Tuesday); Grungeboard (Tim Holtz for Ranger); flowers (Prima); brads (Basic Grey); spiderweb punch (Martha Stewart); sticker letters (Fiskars)