Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Its a Block Party!

I have been in such a Patriotic mood lately...and I love 4th of July celebrations...cookouts, fireworks, and friends! So today I dressed up cute little Summer Time Gidget for a hop to a July 4th Pool Party! We are spotlighting Gidget and Summer Time Todd at by LORi Designs today, so be sure to hop around and see what all the DT has created with this cutie pie :)

Here's Gidget up close. She's even in a patriotic sut to match the Black Party pp from Bo Bunny.

For my card this week I wanted to try a Center Step card because I had never done one. Easy as Hot Apple Pie...with score-pal and a great trimmer! Here's the link to the tutorial at Splitcoast Stampers if you want to try one. Here's what it looks like from the side:


My sentiment at the bottom is from Patriotic Pair by Stampendous! And I added glitter around all the stars and the main panel using Spica glitter pens in Lipstick, green, and Blue.


My stars were punched with the 2 SU! star punches, because I couldn't find all my Star nestabilities, urgh!




ALSO, did you see that Lori did a Surprise release this week?? Hop over to the BLD blog and check that out AND we even have a CHALLENGE at the Paper Craft Planet forum...you have until June 30th to enter!


Challenge List:

Do You Stack Up: Use a Star

Stamptacular Sunday: Fun in the Sun

Meljen's: Red, White & Blue

Paperplay: at the Beach

7 Kids College: Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot


Thanks for stopping by my blog today! Hope you have a great one!


-Cyndi


13 comments:

  1. Cute images and a fun card layout!!! Great job Cyndi!! I hope you are well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous Cyndi. So colourful and fab papers used
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a FUN 4th of July card, Cyndi!! I LOVE the fun fold!! Great job!!
    Hugs~
    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card. Thanks for playing in the Meljen's Designs challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is terrific! Love the design. Thank you for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund Challenge!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cutie.. I keep seeing these images pop up so I have just purchased my first lol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabby fabby card Cyndy! Great colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card, love the colors. Thank you for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Cyndi! Thanks so much for sharing your lovely "add a star" project with us at DYSU Challenge Blog this week! Have a great day, Janna

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is so appealing! You did an outstanding job mixing all those patterned papers. Very cute. Thank you for joining our STAR challenge at DYSU. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun, bright card, Cyndi - love the image and colours you've used.

    Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

    Julie :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute card, Cyndi! Love her patriotic suit!
    Thanks so much for playing along at Meljen's Designs this week!
    Hugs!! Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely patriotic beautifully folded card featuring the very latest in summer fashion! Thank you for joining us this week at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge! Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Every comment makes me smile :)