Monday, June 25, 2012

Stampendous and Clear Scraps Week!


Are you ready for a week of clear sparkly fun from Stampendous! and Clear Scraps this week?  I have always loved my Clear Scraps albums and pieces but sometimes forget to use them so I was mega excited about this collaboration!  

You'll see projects from both teams all this week ending with a Blog Hop this Saturday so don't miss out!!  I was sent a couple of things in the mail from Clear Scraps including the card that I used fo today's project.  The cards are called "Send It Clear" and I received the Belgrave version.

We Stampendous! girls were also gifted with some fun inks from Tsukineko and mine happened to be blues so I went with a winter theme.


Below is the inside of the card....its a gate fold card with three clear pieces that are held together with super-invisible clear stickers.  I made mine open top and bottom instead of side to side to accomodate the Joy Sparkle stamp.  Joy was stamped in Hydrangea Blue Staz On ink onto some Martha Stewart Winter Wonderland paper that I got from Michael's.    I then sprayed that piece with Sparkle Sheer Shimmer spritz.   I also distressed the edges with the Hydrangea Blue ink then added some Shabby Blue Embossing Enamel to two of the corners using Versamark ink. 

 Lastly I added some Multi Crystal UF glitter with Glossy Acccents.  I cut this piece slightly smaller than the clear piece and adhered it to the front of that piece with Beacon Fabri-Tac adhesive.  I cut another piece of MS paper the same size as the clear piece and stamped it in Hydrangea Bue ink using the two small snowflakes from Yule Penguins Perfectly Clear set.



The next photo is of the bottom gate closed and the top open so its easier to see whats on what layer :)  On the 2 front gate pieces I stamped the asterisk (snow) border from Jumbo Joy Sparkle set in Baby Blue Staz On Opaque ink directly on the clear plastic.


To each of the gates I also adhered a small strip of the darker blue paper that was Fran'taged on the edges with more Shabby Blue EE and inked with more Hydrangea Blue ink.


Here's a closeup of the BG piece as well as the Embossed corners and the glitter on the snowflakes.


And lastly this shot is of my ribbon treatment.  I tied some Sheer light blue ribbon by May Arts and some sparkly silver ribbon from Michaels to a clear button using White embroidery floss then glue dotted this on a snowflake.  The Snowflake started as a White Velvet Class-a-Peel Sticker by Stampendous!  I inked it with Sky Blue Versacolor ink then embossed it with Clear embossing Powder.


Stampendous! Products:

Clear Scraps Products:

Tsukineko Products:


Prize Package includes (we have 3 to give away):
2 – Send It Clear Cards (no choice of style)  - http://www.clearscraps.com/category_s/69.htm
1  - additional Clear Scraps product (varies)
1 – pkg Imagine Crafts Ink Blushers - http://www.tsukineko.com/new.php
1 – colored StazOn ink pad (no color choice) - http://www.tsukineko.com/store/cart.php?m=product_list&c=25
1 – opaque StazOn ink pad (no color choice) - http://www.tsukineko.com/store/cart.php?m=product_list&c=25
A selection of Stampendous Cling Rubber, Perfectly Clear Stamps and Class A’Peel Stickers (selection varies)


How to enter/Win:
  •  one package for commenting on Designer’s Blogs during the 5 weekdays.
  • One for commenting on ClearScraps/Stampendous blogs during the weekdays,
  • And one for commenting on the Blog Hop.  



Tonya http://creativit-tonya.blogspot.com/




26 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card!! I love the different shades of blue! Love those snowflakes too!

    Susan
    http://scrapathousandwords.blogspot.com
    icepanthress@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous sista!!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! Thank you for being a part of the hop!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card- I recently bought a set of each of the clear cards so I love seeing how you used it. rlovew1976@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your card. is it Christmas in july. never too early to start. thanks for all of the hints.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pretty blues! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautifull card! I love it! I became a follower of your blog and added your link to my website.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so pretty girlie!! Love how cool and wintery it looks..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the addition of the shappy blue EE! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So frosty cool! I love the gate-fold opening top and bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty card! Love the cool blues!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the frost blue colors, thanks for the mini tutorial on your process.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Blue is my favorite color and I instantly fell in love with this project. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great stamp to use for this acrylic card! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic Cyndi. Love your winter theme (in the 100 degree heat, I could use a few snowflakes!). You really did an outstanding job with this project.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this card, Cyndi! (swear I commented, too!) Such a snowy winter theme! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card! I love snowflake themed winter cards made with the clear cards!
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the clear scrap cards. How cute are they? Thanks for sharing. This will be a great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card. I really like that hydrangea blue.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this card, starting with the color and then down to the details. Thanks for explaining the techniques you used. I have never tried using acrylic with cards but am really interested in giving it a go now!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I make my Christmas cards in the summer, so this is encouraging me to get started.... very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow awesome card! ok now I have to get started on my Christmas cards. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Every comment makes me smile :)