Monday, January 3, 2011

Winter Dana in Pink

I made some cards today just because I wanted to! It is soooo nice to be able to do that once in awhile :) For todays card I printed out my brand new image "Winter Dana and Penny" from by Lori designs. Isn't she just the cutest thing? I was just totally in a pink mood today...no clue why and I think it turned out super girlie and adorable!


For my layout I used the sketch from this weeks Friday Sketchers blog, then pulled out some papers in pinks from Anna Griffin and Bazzill. One of my resolutions this year is to use more of my stash...all those hordes of paper scraps! So for this card I sacrificed my last piece of hot pink Dotted Swiss from Bazzill.

The ribbon treatment is a piece of Sweet Blush ribbon from Papertrey Ink, a couple of snippets of Bazzill Black gingham and a clear button tied with pink Bakers Twine.


Here's a closeup of the bottom of the card so you can see Penny in her cute hot pink bow.


  • Supplies:
  • Stamps: Winter Penny & Dana digi (by Lori designs); Thank You (Unity)
  • Paper: Peyton collection pp (Anna Griffin); pink Dotted Swiss & black cs (Bazzill); white (Neenah)
  • Ink: Black Memento
  • Accessories: Sweet Blush ribbon (PTI); Black gingham (Bazzill); pink gems (Hero Arts); clear button (Bo Bunny); Bakers Twine; Circle spots Embossing folder (QuicKutz)

Challenges:
Little Red Wagon: leftovers
Pile It On: Brand Spankin' New
Phindy's Place: Thank you & scraps

OK, stay tuned...I am going to try to stay up to date with daily posts this year!!

-Cyndi




8 comments:

  1. Oh, she's so cute. Love the pink Uggs! The layout almost works for Mojo Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card.
    Thanks for joining us at PIO this week.
    Best wishes, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so pretty in pink! Fun card.

    Phindys Place has a Thank You challenge running too at the moment, do please pop by and enter:)
    Happy New Year
    Anne
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon:)
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card - the colours really pop!! Thank you for joining in with Cute Card Thursday. Lol Lynn ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card!!

    Thank you for playing along with us at Phindy's Place and hope to see you again!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute!!! This looks like such a fun card!
    Thanks so much for joining us this week for our Phindy's Place Challenge. We hope to see you back again next week.
    Hugs,
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so sweet. love it

    thanks for playing with us at Pile It On.

    my little scrappingcorner
    DT Pile It On

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Every comment makes me smile :)