Starbuck's, I hear you calling my name!! Since giving up soda a few months back, I have become a complete coffee-a-holic. Not that I didn't already love it, but now its a total addiction. MUST have caffeine. So I just fell in love with this cute Little Cup from InStyle Stamps.
I used this months InStyle Stamps Sketch for my layout and I think it turned out really cool! Since the image had all the dots for the steam as part of the image, when I cut it down I still wanted to include the dots. So, I photocopied the cup. With the 2nd image I cut it into a partial circle with a circle Nestabilties. After I matted that onto a scalloped circle I adhered those to my background pink piece. I laid the cut out leftover of the steam back over where it was then punched through both layers with my paper piercing tool and a mat. After the piercing was done I removed the scrap and voila! Matched up steam holes!!
Here's the sketch if you'd like to join us this month. The link to the post with all the rules is HERE.
And below you can see the closeup of the steam and the pierced holes. The first copy of the cup I colored to match the Bo Bunny paper with my Copic markers, and then I went back with my Copic blender pen using the chisel end and created hatch marks to mimic the texture on the pattern paper. I cut out the cup and adhered it over the background one.
I added a bit of a tag to the top corner of the card by cutting yet another set of circle/scalloped circles with my nestabilites . These are attached at the top and then I glue dotted the ribbon to the top as a faux tag. Finally I added dots around the tag and the border of the card to ground it a bit.
- Challenge List:
- InStyle Stamps: Sketch
- Colour Create: Colors Red, Pink, White
- Stamp Something: January Digi Day
- Sweet Stampin': Try Something Different
- Southern Girls Challenge: Anything Goes
- Crafty Catz: Food & Drink
- Crafty Sentiments: Anything Goes
- Really Reasonable Ribbon: Something New & Ribbon
- Full supply list:
- Stamps: Small cup digi (InStyle Stamps); sentiment (Treehouse Stamps)
- Paper: pp Bo Bunny; Berrylicious & Raven (Bazzill); white (Neenah)
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
- Accessories: Large Standard and Large Scalloped Circle Nestabilties (Spellbinders); Ribbon (Michael's); Papeeer piercer (Lasting Impressions); Piercing Mat (Bazzill); Copic markers R30, R35, R37, R39, RV21, RV23, YG11, G21, and black multiiner (Imagination International)
Thanks for stopping by my corner of the cyber-sphere! Have a great week :)