Thursday, November 22, 2012

Dreamweaver Thursday

 Happy Thanksgiving!  Are you spending your holiday at home or traveling?  We're traveling today for the first time in years...but hey...no cooking!

Today is another installment of our CAS Holiday challenge from Dreamweaver Stencils and I went about as CAS as I ever get with just 2 layers and no embellishments!  The focus is all on the stencil and the Gold Leafing technique.


I used the new stencil Peace on Earth and embossed that with gold paste then let that dry thoroughly.  After I cleaned my stencil I reapplied it and then sponged on Stewart Superior Glue pad with a large dauber.  I removed the stencil then laid down a sheet of Blue Variegated Metal Leaf.  Starting by adding light pressure all over with my large stencil brush I then burnished the whole area which removes the leafing from the un-embossed parts and volia!  Gorgeousness!


I do hope you'll play along with our CAS Holiday challenge this month...you still have 2 whole weeks to play and be eligible for a prize!  Also be sure to head over to the rest of the Dream Teams' blogs and leave them some love today!



2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Cyndi! In fact it is so beautiful I don't think anyone would believe it is so CAS...but in reading the directions you realize it is very simple to do. Thanks for sharing on your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive and yes, simple!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Every comment makes me smile :)