Thursday, November 8, 2012

Distressed Trees


We've now had four weeks of festively distressed fun playing with the Ranger/Tim Holtz Distress Powders along with our wonderful line of Dreamweaver Stencils and products. Huge thanks to Tim Holtz and the fab people at Ranger for sharing these four collaborative weeks with us, and providing the yummy shades of Distress Powders for us to create with. We've been inspired by the process, and we hope you have, too! 

If you haven't won one of the prize packages yet, you still have one more opportunity this week as the set below is up for grabs to a random commenter on one of the Dream Team blogs



If you've been following along each week, you've seen some gorgeous creations with these stencils and powders, so you should be all fired up to get distressed! If you've missed the first three weeks, check them out once you've made the rounds today:

  
My festively distressed project for this week is this:


I used the Molten Magic technique with the Distress powders on the trees and the sentiment.  I began with Red Label Embossing paste on the Line of Xmas Trees.  After I removed the stencil I poured Peeled Paint Distress powder over the wet paste and then heated that.  It gives a lovely bubbly yet distressed look!

The sentiment was done in the same manner with Merry Christmas stencil and Barn Door Distress Embossing powder.

Don't forget to leave me some love before hopping to the rest of the Dream Team blogs:


Please remember to continue to follow the team through the Dream It Up! blog as we bravely go where no stenciler has gone before, to like us on our Facebook page, and to learn from our fabulous weekly Thursday Tutorials on Paper Craft Planet as well.





12 comments:

  1. Love those little trees! Perfectly CAS and all-around just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute cute cute card and CAS to boot! Love that background paper as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! I LOVE this card!! THANKS SO MUCH for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great contrast of colors on this retro-inspired card, Cyndi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That little row of trees is so cute and I love the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The trees work so well with the dot background. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool trees! Great holiday card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute card--I like this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Cyndi!! I'm adding this stencil to my wish list! I'm going to have to play with the molten magic. Anything molten sounds fun and I always love magic...lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Every comment makes me smile :)