Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Painting the Roses Red...


Good morning! I have my card for you today for the Alice in Wonderland Challenge blog. The theme this week was a color challenge...Red, Blue, and Purple! Ok, that was just screaming for me to print out this fabulously creepy image from The Greeting Farm called "Twisted Tea", one of the three new "Creepy Cakes" digi images they released this month.

Twisted Tea was colored with no other than my Copic markers, then I used the sketch from Club Anya & Friends Blog (which I know I can't submit for the challenge, but hey it worked!) for my layout. I added lots of sparkle to her hair and other accessories with my Spica glitter pens. I had to rummage through my old paper stash to find pp's that would work and I came up with this black and white print from Amanda Blu and the red print from an old SU! print pack.


The circle Nestabilites is layered onto a Blossom Nestabilies, then I added a bit of bling around the edges. I layered some Primas then attached them together with these fun Mini Jewel Brads from American Crafts. The black cardstock still looked a bit plain so I ran that layer through my Cuttlebug with the Spiderweb folder. How perfect is that?

The doodling around the circle is by hand to match the kinks in her hair. The sentiment I printed out from a digi file called "Alice in Sassyland Sentiments" that I downloaded from Sassy Studio Designs.


Alrighty, I am finishing up my Latte and then headed home to finish working on class samples for work! Have a great day! Thanks for hanging out with me :)

-Cyndi


  • Supplies:
  • Stamps: Twisted Tea digi (The Greeting Farm); Alice in Sassyland Sentiments (Sassy Studio Designs)
  • Paper: black pp (Amanda Blu); Real Red pp (SU!); Black & Blue cs (Bazzill); purple cs (Core'dinations; white cs (Neenah)
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Warm Red cats eye (Tsukineko)
  • Accessories: Blossom & Large Circle Nestabilites (Spellbinders); ribbon &Mini Jewel Brads (American Crafts); Cardinal jewels (Bazzill); flowers (Prima & Fancy Pants); Spiderweb embossing folder (Cuttlebug); jumbo scallop scissors; Copic markers: R46, B14, B18, BV04. BVo8, BV000, C5, Co, C3, E000, & Lipstick red & Lilac Spicas (Imagination International)

5 comments:

  1. Wow! I really love what you did with these colors! Great layout and flowers too :)

    Thanks for playing along with us at Oh, Alice!
    hugs, margie

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving those colors together!!! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great use of colors!!! I love these cakesters Heads!! This is my favorite!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE IT! What an aweseome design and such fabulous colourwork
    Thank you for joining us at Oh Alice!
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card.. I just love you colouring of that image! Thanks for joining us at Oh, Alice :D
    Sammi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Every comment makes me smile :)