Monday, March 8, 2010

Hula week Day 1: Island Sun

Good morning Monday! It is the start of Hula Week over at InStyle Stamps and you do NOT want to miss out on all the fun! ISS is releasing 6 new images this week with a Hawaiian flare. Virginia has posted some fun facts on Hawaii today at the InSTyle Stamps blog. Janelle has given us a really fun flower tutorial over at the blog as well for Method Monday.

BUT the best news is this...you can get a FREE Leila digi image by helping us spread the word about Hula week, PLUS you could be one of 6 lucky winners to receive ALL 6 of the new releases! OR you could be the lucky Photo Contest Winner! There are lots of ways to win :) Be sure to hop over to the blog to check out all the details!




So, now on to my card. Todays image that we are previewing is "Island Sun", this adorable palm tree! I used the sketch for the week over at Friday Sketchers blog for my layout. Again I pulled out my new Labels 10 from spellbinders for the main image. well, actually the main image is cut from Large Ovals, the it was matted on Labels 10. The sentiment is from Stampendous! and was cut out with a die from Ribbon Tag Trio, then I trimmed the ribbon ends off.


Here is a side view. The main panels and the sentiment are both popped up on dimensionals. The large circle element was cut out with my Curvy Cutter from EK Success. My paper is from an old pp pad by K & Co. All my supplies are listed below along with a pic of the copics I used. Please stop by all the other InStyle Stamps DT's blogs to see more previews all week! The list is on my sidebar to the right------>


Thanks for surfing by today! Have a great week and check back in tomorrow for another preview fro Hula Week!

-Cyndi

  • Supplies:
  • Stamps: island Sun digi (InStyle Stamps); Summer Messages (Stampendous!)
  • Paper: Happy Trails pp (K & Co); white cs (Neenah)
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
  • Accessories: Labels 10, Large ovals & Ribbon Tag Trio 2 (Spellbinders); Fresh Mowed Grass Dew Drops (Robin's nest); ribbon (stash); Curvy Cutter (EK Success); Copic Markers BG0000, BG11, BG15, YG0000, YG01, YG03, YG05. E0000, E31, E33, E35, E55, E57, E59, E79 (Imagination International)

6 comments:

  1. I love this image! Your card is so adorable and all those layers! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely darling - the layers are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card, love the color combo. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great sample, thanks for sharing Island Sun with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous layout and the card is totally awesome! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card, and lovely coloring! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Every comment makes me smile :)