Saturday, December 8, 2012

Merry Creep-mas


Merry Creep-mas!  I saw this image at TheOctopode Factory and just HAD to create a funky journal page.  This is Creepy Santa, and I got him as a set with Mrs Creepy so be on the lookout for a coordinating page soon.  I’ve been a fan of The Octopode Factory for a long while now, but just as a lurker.  After seeing so many Art Journal pages using Lily’s fabulous images I couldn’t resist any longer!


I began by coloring Creepy Santa with my Spectrum Noir markers then cut him out and sat him aside.


My background page in my Dylusions journal was sprayed with Postbox Red, a dab of MeltedChocolate, and Black Marble Dylusions ink sprays.  I did a bit of ghosting on the background with a gears stencil from Crafter’s Workshop and a spray bottle of water.  Next I added some of the trees from the Christmas Backgrounds Dylusionsstamp set.



Next I traced the lights through the large Trees stencil with a micron pen.  I also traced all the lights on plain white cs and added skull faces to each to create some creepy skull lights.  These were cut out and adhered over the lights on the page.  I also added some Lime Dry Stickles glitter to the top of each light for a bit of distressed bling.



My tree was sprayed with a combo of Fresh Lime, Cut Grass, and Melted Chocolate Dylusionssprays to crate an Olive tree.   I then traced around the tree to define it then added some bats from Bits and Bats Dylusionsstamp set.  And what creepy tree would be complete without a skull topper with a bow?

Supplies:
Creepy Claws Digi stamp (The Octopode Factory)
Bits and Bats, Christmas Backgrounds, Christmas Words stamps (Dylusions)
Large Trees stencil (Dylusions)
Black, Postbox Red, Melted Chocolate Ink Sprays (Dylusions)
Lime Dry stickles Glitter (Ranger)
White poster pen (sharpie)
Black micron pens
Spectrum Noir markers: DG3, DG2, CG2,R5, DR2, CR9, IG9, IG7, IG6, IG5, IG2, IG1

Hope you enjoy and hope you have a creep-tastic Christmas!

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Every comment makes me smile :)