Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Its a Krafty Challenge

Today our inspiration over at the Inky Impressions Challenge blog is distressing. And when I think of distressing I think Kraft paper and Tim Holtz. I pulled the Kraft paper straight out since I wanted to try coloring on the Kraft with my copics. I’ve done this a bit, but not a ton.





Then I also knew that I wanted to use the fun paper by Creative Imaginations with a more rustic look.. Just a bunch of simple layers for a very central focal point and a small sentiment. All of my layers were distressed with an edging tool like the Tonic one, and I even did a bit of paper ripping on the one side, gasp! So not me!



I love the effect of all the little white dots around the edges on the kraft cs. For that I used a Sharpie Poster Paint pen that I got from Suzanne Dean’s class. I thought I loved my Signo uniball pen, but this baby is waaay better!


You can see I am still on the Patriotic color kick since my family is in DC all week. We should have some fabulous photos to scrap when we get back! Lastly I added a cute little heart charm pair, also available at Inky Impressions Store.


Hope you like Miss Lily! We would love to see what you can do with our distressing challenge! You have the next fortnight to get hoppin! Thanks so much for visiting with me today!

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh I adore this hunni.. I do love colouring on Kraft too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo....coloring on kraft...I likey!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Every comment makes me smile :)