I had a lot of stamping time to my self on Saturday and thought I would hop over to Some Odd Girl's Digi Day at SNR card Universe. I haven't been to a release party with challenges and such in quite a while and it sounded fun! Well, one card in I realized my free time was at and end. Go figure.
I did finally complete 2 cards for the 6 challenges, just didn't get them in on time. But oh well, they turned out totally stinkin' cute! I stumbled onto Some Odd Girl through Robin's blog last week. I just love these outlandishly adorable and funky images!
Here is a closeup of Bed Time Mae. She was a freebie last week...gotta love freebies, but you gotta get them while they last! This card was for the sketch challenge. I had a lot of fun making this card, but perhaps too much seeing as how it took so long!
- Supplies for Mae:
- Stamps: Bed Time Mae digi (Some Odd Girl); Friends for Life (Unity)
- Paper: Enchantment pp (Memory Box); white cs (Neenah)
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
- Accessories: Copic markers & ABS1 (Imagination International); Polka dot Frame & Labels 1 Nestibilities (Spellbinders); ribbon (A Muse); whte gel pen (Sakura); Snow Cone blue flock (Stampendous)
This is Tiny Tia, also from Some Odd Girl (freebie for July I think). I used her to create my card for Robin's color challenge. Her challenge was to use Primary colors...Red, Yellow, and Blue...BUT she said we could use any version of them. SO, I picked up this fun paper in my stash by October Afternoon with slightly muted reds and yellows and slightly aqua-ish blue. Close enough!
I also used this weeks sketch at Papercraft Planet for the layout of the card. I flipped it just a wee bit.
I think the card turned out really cute! Way more subtle than my usual but I did brighten it a bit :) I did sew all the layers on this baby. Finally got the tension back working right on my machine. For a better view of Tiny Tia just click on the photo.
- Supplies for Tia:
- Stamps: Tiny Tia digi (Some Odd girl)
- Paper: Fly a Kite pp (October Afternoon); Bazzill cs, Neenah Solar white
- Accessories: Copic markers; sewing machine; die cut stckers (October Afternoon); ribbon (SU!); circle punch (SU!); whte gel pen (SAkura); buttons (BAsic Grey)
OK, so enough babbling today. See my previous post for the goings on at InStyle this week! As always, I truly appreciate each of you who pops by my blog! I will be seeing my Hickory friends tonight at Anna's!!