Monday, July 12, 2010

Some Odd Girl cards


I had a lot of stamping time to my self on Saturday and thought I would hop over to Some Odd Girl's Digi Day at SNR card Universe. I haven't been to a release party with challenges and such in quite a while and it sounded fun! Well, one card in I realized my free time was at and end. Go figure.

I did finally complete 2 cards for the 6 challenges, just didn't get them in on time. But oh well, they turned out totally stinkin' cute! I stumbled onto Some Odd Girl through Robin's blog last week. I just love these outlandishly adorable and funky images!


Here is a closeup of Bed Time Mae. She was a freebie last week...gotta love freebies, but you gotta get them while they last! This card was for the sketch challenge. I had a lot of fun making this card, but perhaps too much seeing as how it took so long!


  • Supplies for Mae:
  • Stamps: Bed Time Mae digi (Some Odd Girl); Friends for Life (Unity)
  • Paper: Enchantment pp (Memory Box); white cs (Neenah)
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
  • Accessories: Copic markers & ABS1 (Imagination International); Polka dot Frame & Labels 1 Nestibilities (Spellbinders); ribbon (A Muse); whte gel pen (Sakura); Snow Cone blue flock (Stampendous)

This is Tiny Tia, also from Some Odd Girl (freebie for July I think). I used her to create my card for Robin's color challenge. Her challenge was to use Primary colors...Red, Yellow, and Blue...BUT she said we could use any version of them. SO, I picked up this fun paper in my stash by October Afternoon with slightly muted reds and yellows and slightly aqua-ish blue. Close enough!

I also used this weeks sketch at Papercraft Planet for the layout of the card. I flipped it just a wee bit.

I think the card turned out really cute! Way more subtle than my usual but I did brighten it a bit :) I did sew all the layers on this baby. Finally got the tension back working right on my machine. For a better view of Tiny Tia just click on the photo.


  • Supplies for Tia:
  • Stamps: Tiny Tia digi (Some Odd girl)
  • Paper: Fly a Kite pp (October Afternoon); Bazzill cs, Neenah Solar white
  • Accessories: Copic markers; sewing machine; die cut stckers (October Afternoon); ribbon (SU!); circle punch (SU!); whte gel pen (SAkura); buttons (BAsic Grey)
OK, so enough babbling today. See my previous post for the goings on at InStyle this week! As always, I truly appreciate each of you who pops by my blog! I will be seeing my Hickory friends tonight at Anna's!!

-Cyndi

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Every comment makes me smile :)