Friday, April 27, 2012

Sweet 'n Sassy stamps Digi Challenge!

 I'm playing along with this weeks Quote inspiration challenge from Sweet 'n Sassy Digi Challenge blog!  

Create a card/project using the quote,
"Sweet April showers do spring May flowers" - Thomas Tusser

I used the new Butterfly& Flower digi image from the SNSS shop.  The flower is gorgeous and perfect for coloring!  I pulled my copics back out for this one so I could make some nice flicking motions for blending.  After the image was totally colored I went back over the flower in Inka Gold gold paint and parts of the butterfly with Inka Gold Copper using a watercolor brush and a bit of water.



I also added Crushed Bronze Glass glitter from Stampendous! to the center of the flower with a tombo glue pen for some extra sparkle!


My layout is based on this weeks Deconstructed sketch.  Papers are from Cosmo Cricket.



Thanks for stopping in!  Blog Hop with SBS in just a few hours so check back :)

Challenge List:
Pile it on: sparkle and shine
The Pink Elephant: use yellow
Craft us Crazy: favorite (new to me) stamp company


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Cyndi! I love all the detail on the flower! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for playing along with us in this week's SNSDC.

      Delete
  2. Cyndi, this is so pretty!! I love your coloring and sparkle!! Wonderful take on the sketch too. Thank you for playing along at the SNSDC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card love the crunchy centre in the flower. Well done Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card!
    Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty Cyndi! I love the copic flicking, so perfect for this image. I love your take on the sketch too - just beautiful! Thank you so much for joining in on our yellow challenge this week at The Pink Elephant!
    ~*Joni TPE DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you've done with this image, and you've colored it beautifully. I love how you did the flower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card and take on the sketch! Love the glitter in the flowers center. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Every comment makes me smile :)