Friday, June 21, 2013

Stampendous and Armour Etch Blog Hop day

Today is Blog Hop day with Stampendous and Armour Etch!  Hope you've enjoyed all our frosty goodness this week :)  Today I thought I'd do a frame for you all:


I started with a 12x12 frame and pulled the glass out then masked off a large 5x7 area in the center with contact paper.  I embossed the border from Spring Bouquet just under and over the center piece in Clear Bark EP.  (YES! The bark peels off beautifully after the etching!)  My lines around the contact paper are nice and crisp and the reverse stencil created with the embossing looks great, but my surface was so large that I etched that its a bit blotchy.  I *think* I can go back and fix that :)


The contact paper was a bit tough to release (I liked using the painters tape better on my other projects) but Goo Gone finally came to the rescue!

Again, sorry for the bad photos, the frost on the glass is beautiful but subtle and glass is so hard to photograph!

Here's the list of who's hopping today. Please go check out their projects and be sure to leave a comment that includes where you're commenting from. Remember that only folks with a U.S. address can win, but we are super delighted to hear your thoughts and see your projects no matter where you live!

Asia King

Janelle Stollfus

Kristine Reynolds

Lea Kimmel

Tobi Crawford

Rhea Weigand

Jamie Martin

Krissy Fossmeyer

11 comments:

  1. Hi from Missouri. The hop this week has been so much fun. Love how you etched the border on the picture frame glass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Vermont gal says you did a beautiful job! Love the border that you etched! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi from Minnesota. The etched border on your picture frame is lovely. I didn't know there was so much I could do with etching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh.. So very neat. I love it!! Amy from TN

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi from Illinois, love the etched border on your project, so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So subtly beautiful. What a lovely color, too. Nice job!!

    Janis from Idaho, USA.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Spring Bouquet border is perfect with this gorgeous picture! The Armour Etch really added a creative spark to this framed picture.
    Lee from Colorado

    ReplyDelete
  8. The design around the pic is pretty! I'm personally liking how it turned out! Thanks for sharing with us!
    -Angel from Arkansas

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that twined design- definitely adds to a plain frame.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Etching on frames is the BOMB! I love this idea. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Every comment makes me smile :)