Monday, June 3, 2013

A Mixed Media Canvas using Spectrum Noir refill ink

Good morning!  Its that time of year where all moms are super busy with end of the year stuff so I apologize for not blogging more lately!

My tutorial for Spectrum Noir this month touched on ways to use your reinkers in a Mixed Media project.  You can see the full tutorial HERE.


My canvas started as an experiment inspired by a Donna Downey online class.  It started as letter stickers randomly applied and then paint.  At that point I was stuck with what to do next on top of this super bright color palette that I had created so I pulled out my reinkers and gesso...


The process that I used with my Speccie reinkers can be seen at the link above, but I wanted to share the rest of what went into this canvas as well.  After I added new layers I added a touch of plain gesso to tone down the brightness, then added soem aqua Gelatos from Faber-Castell through my Hexagons stencil from The Crafters Workshop.  The gelatos are always a fun way to bring in more texture and layers!


The last layer of the canvas (as seen in the first photo) was to add the new Corn Flowers stencil from TCW using paint and a black sharpie paint pen to make it really pop!  I finished it off by adding a sentiment stamp from Stampendous called Flower Path.

1 comment:

  1. Wowzers!! Gorgeous!! I don't know how I missed this post but sure am glad I saw it now. Isn't it amazing how the beginning of a mixed media looks one way then ends up changing into another look!?!! I've seen the letter stickers being used in several places/projects and I must remember to try it too because I have tons of the leftover alphas. Now I can only hope I can create something as fantastic and beautiful as your canvas! Hope I'll get to see this in person!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Every comment makes me smile :)