Sunday, February 17, 2013

My first attempt at Gelatos

Good morning!  I thought I would share some Art Journal pages that I finished a while back but never blogged about!  This was my forst attempt at using Gelatos from Faber-Castell and while I have since learned a bit more I did love the way the pages turned out.


I began by brushing a layer of Claudine Helmuth Gesso over both pages and let that dry.  Next I picked  peach, pink, orange, and red from my Gelatos Gift set  and colored those randomly over the pages.  I used a large flat brush from Claudine Helmuth (Ranger) with water to gently blend the colors.


The background red flowers are from Dyan Reaveley's How Does Your Garden Grow set (Ranger) that were colored with Red Gelato and then spritzed with water.  The birds are from the same set and were stamped with Archival black ink then colored in with Gelatos.


The leaves were also colored with Gelatos, the rest of the images were colored with Dylusions ink sprays in Tim Holtz Water Brushes.


I added a coat of Claudine Helmuth Studio Multi Medium over the images and also used it to adhere my cut out pieces to my pages.

I will be sharing more Gelatos projects soon!  I've had more time to play with them a bit plus I spent some time at the Faber-Castell booth at CHA.

Thanks for stopping by today!
-Cyndi

5 comments:

  1. Like!!! Someday soon I will take your Dreamweaver class!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it! especially how the background turned out. Great color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you pages!!! Just starting to use Gelatos myself, not sure if I like it or not LOL (love using the black one though)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these pages! One of my favs that you've created for sure. I love the gelatos, too. I'm already looking forward to our next play day at Betty's!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Every comment makes me smile :)