Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Live Bravely

I have another Art Journal page pair for you today.  I started working on these at the Crafter's Workshop booth at CHA during their playtime.  Nathalie Kalbach from Germany was the TCW designer at the booth when I created these.


Going with Nathalie's style I used medium size stencils (the holes in the stencils, not the stencil itself) with spray inks (Dylusions and Adirondak).  Next we added the largest pattern stencils using acrylic paint and a makeup sponge.


Then for more fun texture we used Special Effects paste from Viva Decor on the smallest stencils. 


At that point my page lacked any coherence since we were using 6x6 stencils (everyone else was doing #8 tags) and there were no 12x12 ones available to play with at the booth.


So I did what any good artist does and finished it when I got home.  I waited for my LSS to get Dina Wakley's new Silhouette stencils (From Crafter's Workshop) and then stenciled through the large opening of one of the gals (from Casey and Penelope) with Burnt Umber paint.  I then added more of that around the edges to bring it together and finally added my journaling in white sharpie poster paint.


I'm pretty happy with how the spread turned out and love the fall colors with a touch of bright lime!


2 comments:

  1. I saw your layout on Dina's Facebook, it is truly lovely. I haven't tried my hand at this yet, but just rec'd her book in the mail this week. Time to get inky! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out really, really cool! I love it! Love the colors, the texture, everything!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Every comment makes me smile :)