Monday, February 25, 2013

Courage is being yourself...

Have you played with the new Tim Holtz Distress paints yet? Oooo.  And mixing them with Dylusions spray inks...fabby!  PLUS I ordered a lot of the newest stencils from The Crafter's Workshop and I am in serious love!  But I'm getting ahead of myself...

  I am mile high in Stampendous catalog samples for the new April catalog so I've been a tad busy the last few days.  But I have an Art Journal page that I created last week to share with you today.


My page uses lots of the new stencils from The Crafter's Workshop, mostly from Julie Fei-Fan Balzer.  I met her at CHA and she is a hoot!  Totally talented and so full of personality!

I began my page by playing around with my new Tim Holtz Distress Paints, and oh my goodness are they fun!  I simply used the dauber to create some large circles then sprayed on lots of water to see all kinds of fabulous dripage!!  Next (while that layer was still wet) I sprayed some Dylusions inks through a couple of TCW background stencils.


See???? Pretty fun colors and drips and mixing!  The dylusions and distress paints work beautifully together!!  After that was all dry I used the new Corn Flowers Stencil by Julie Fei-Fan Balzer from The Crafter's Workshop and applied Adirondack Pitch Black Acrylic Paint (its actually in a dauber bottle too but I just poured some out on my craft mat)  through the holes using a makeup sponge.  This stencil is just gorgeous.  I only got the 6x6 so far but now I need the 12x12 version of it too!  Did you know that all TCW stencils come in both sizes?


There's more of the Adirondack paint around the edges of the page then I sprayed new White Linen Dylusions Ink Spray through Tiny Circles over parts of the black.


This new sentiment from Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous set Way with Words was a perfect addition to my page.  These stamps aren't yet available in stores til next week, but I got lucky at CHA during a Facebook giveaway!

Well, as you can tell I had a blast working on this page.  In fact I will be doing a class at The Stamping and Scrapbooking Room in NC on art journaling.  It will be full of ideas on mixing in paint, gesso, embossing pastes and cremes with your sprays!  Email me if you're local for class details TBA.

Products used:
Tim Holtz Distress Paint: Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade
Dylusions Ink Sprays: Funky Fuchsia, Squeezed Orange, White Linen
The Crafters Workshop stencils: Tiny Circles, Corn Flowers, Aboriginal, Layered Beads
Sharpie White paint pen
Dylusions Art Journal


1 comment:

  1. Absolutely fantastic! Great colors! Can't wait to see this one in person!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Every comment makes me smile :)