Have you noticed that our first challenge is up on the Spectrum Noir Blog? Its a Holiday challenge so pul out those Christmas/holiday stamps and your Speccies and come join us!
I played along this week using one of the newest Strawberry Kisses stamps from Crafter's Companion, Love You. I love my kitties and this one was just screaming for me to color her! I kept her in pale shades of grays using CG3, CG2, and CG1.
Her Santa hat is colored with my Spectrum Noir markers in DR4, CR11, CR8 and CR4. Other colors used: JG4, LG4, CR2, and FS8. I also added a wet nose with my Sakura Glaze pen and fluff to the hat with a Quickie Glue pen and Stampendous! White flock. Berries on the holly are Candy Cane stickles.
Stamp: Love You (Crafter's Companion)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko); Tim Holtz Barn Door, Worn Lipstick and Shabby Shutters Distress Ink (Ranger)
Paper: Neenah Solar White; Winter Tortellini and Spinach Soup (Jillibean Soup)
Accessories: Labels 4, Standard circles dies (Spellbinders); Snowflake Circles embossing Folder (Cuttlebug); White Fun Flock (Stampendous); Quickie Glue pen & Glaze pen (Sakura); Candy Cane Stickles (Ranger); Winter Tortellini and Spinach Soup sticker (Jillibean Soup); ribbon (May Arts)
Spectrum Noir Challenge Info:
Our first challenge is Holiday Cards/Projects. Create any card or project for ANY holiday (it does not have to be just Christmas!), use your Spectrum Noir pens, and you can play along with us!
This month, to celebrate the start of our new challenges, we will be awarding one participant (drawn at random from all valid entries) one set of twenty-four pens (winner chooses the set – Brights, Lights, Darks, or Pastels!) and any one holiday stamp of the winner’s choice (from Crafter’s Companion UK or US).
This challenge is open from September 15, 2012 through October 14, 2012.
Here is some basic information:
- To be eligible for a prize, you must:
- enter a valid, direct link to your project (links to general blogs or galleries will be deleted)
- use ONLY Spectrum Noir alcohol markers to color with
- create a new project for the challenge (entries to projects that pre-date the challenge will be deleted)
- if possible, mention and link to the Spectrum Noir challenge in your blog post or gallery upload
- You may use any stamp or image from any company
- The challenge is open internationally (prizes will ship from either Crafter’s Companion USA or Crafter’s Companion UK