Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Halloween Art Journal pages

I've been playing in my Art Journal again...this is a set of pages that I started a week or so ago and finally finished this morning.  I started by spraying my pages with water and then Squeezed Oranges, Lemon Zest and Crushed Grapes Dylusions ink sprays.


I did Dyan's ghosting technique with the Chequered Dots stencil and a water mist.  I then used the same stencil and added new Tim Holtz Metallic Distress Stain in Antique Bronze.


The letters on this page I drew myself mimicking Dyan's style :)  The spider, web and cat are from the Bits and Bats stamp set by Dyan Reaveley.  Also added some doodling with my favorite white gel pen from Signo.


Here's the kitty closer...and we all know I love anything feline!  I created a fence for him to sit on with a chevron stencil and Black Marble Dylusions ink spray.



This is the facing page.  Same colors and techniques on the background.


The trees are from the same Bits and Bats stamp set.  Stamped in Versafine Black and then colored with Crushed Grape Dylusions spray and a Ranger water pen.


The letters for this page were traced through the Ho Ho Holly and Let it Snow stencils then doodled in and colored with Squeezed Orange Dylusions and a water pen.


And finally the two pages together.  As a scrapbooker at heart I have a hard time not doing two-page spreads sometimes...and especially when it comes to my favorite time of year...Halloween!


Supplies:
Dylusions Rubber Stamps: Bits and Bats
Dylusions Stencils: Chequered Dots, Hoho Holly & Let It Snow
Dylusions Ink Sprays: Crushed Grape, Lemon Zest, Squeezed Orange & Black Marble
Tim Holtz Metallic Distress Stain
Versafine Onyx black; Ranger Water pen
Signo White Gel pen; Copic Multi-liner pens

1 comment:

  1. I just saw this an I love it. No think I've seen your classes in the Greensboro area. Np lease let me know if you do classes in this area.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Every comment makes me smile :)