Monday, March 5, 2012

Scrappy Chick (Monday) Sunday Sketch Challenge

I'm laying a bit of catch up today!  I spent the weekend in DC with Rachael and Michael for the "Battle at the Capital" Cheer Competition.  The girls were fabulous!  We didn't have much time for sight seeing, but we did get to the National Museum of Air and Space and the National Museum of Natural History for a bit yesterday.  While I was gone I left Taylor home, recouping from Mono...I thought...with her brother Perry. But she got worse over the weekend. Its really taking its toll on her, poor baby.

So, anyway I ma a day late with my biweekly sketch challenge, but since I'm the boss thats ok, right?  So I have a new sketch for you today to last the next two weeks and I hope you will play along!  


Today's card for my sketch is one of the cards from my Dreamweaver Stencil basics class.  The whole class was on dry embossing and different ways to jazz that up.  For this card I left the LL017 Cameo Stencil in place after dry embossing then I stippled Gold Galaxy Versafine ink around the oval border.  I removed the stencil then heated this part.


Next I replaced the stencil and then applied Versamark ink to the lady portion only using a large finger dauber.  Remove stencil once again then add Aged Ivory Embossing Enamel from Stampendous!  Remove any excess powder that stuck to frame portion with a dry brush and then heat.


The sentiment is from LG691 Thank You, dry embossed and stenciled with more Gold Galaxy ink.  Ppaers are from Bo Bunny, Crochet ribbon is by May Arts, ad the scallop border was die cut with the Edge It Kit from Lifestyle Crafts.  Oval Frames were cut with Spellbinders Nestabilities.

Here's the sketch if you want to play along!  Please use the Mr Linky tool at the bottom of the post so we can come check out your creation! If you don't have a blog or gallery feel free to email me at thescrappychick at gmail dot com.  Also feel free to interpret the sketch however you want!  


You have until Saturday night, March 17 at 8pm EST to play.  Due to shipping, only US submissions will be entered for the prize.  This fortnight's prize:

A Cosmo Cricket Pixie-licious 6x6 paper pad!

And before I forget, last weeks randomly picked winner (using Random.org) is Lea Kimmel of (th)INK Positive with this adorable creation:


Be sure to go over and leave Lea some love on her post!  Thanks to all my friends who have been playing!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Every comment makes me smile :)