Good Morning! Its a bit early for me since the time change, but I'm awake so I might as well be functioning, right? I thought I'd get back to my Sunday Scrapbook days, at least on my non-sketch challenge Sundays. So today I am showing you one of the layouts that I created for the January Stampendous! CHA release and catalog.
My picture is of Taylor and her friend Blake from Prom last year. Theres a joke that any photos of couples submitted to Stampendous! will result in a break-up of said couple, but since they were never dating I'm safe! I thought that the new Jumbo Hollyhock would be a great accompaniment to this lovely spring photo so I added them in full force.
I stamped the Hollyhock image 4 times on Neenah Solar white cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. These were all colored with Copic RV0000, RV00, RV19, RV09, YG61, YG63, YG67, and Y21. I carefully cut out all the flowers and set them aside.
Next I took a large Technique Tuesday matboard frame and covered it with Versamark ink and then new Shabby Green Embossing Enamel.
HINT: You have to be a bit careful when heating the thicker enamels on chipboard since you can't heat from underneath because some of the powder will blow away. The best solution is to "sneak up" on the chipboard when the heat gun is really hot then continue to heat that area.
Place a burgundy cardstock mat behind the frame, trace, cut and adhere. Adhere photo to burgundy mat, tucking corners under the frame.
On 12 x 12" mint green WorldWin cardstock stamp border from Hollyhock set in Versamark ink across bottom of page then add more Shabby Green Embossing Enamel and heat. Tie 2 long pieces of thin sheer lavender ribbon into a bow then tuck ends behind background cardstock and tape ends to back. Position photo frame assembly and adhere using a strong adhesive such as My Stik from 3L Scrapbook Adhesives.
Add Chiffon Color Fragments to centers of flowers with a wet fine tipped adhesive. Let dry. Layer three of the flower stems into a bouquet and adhere to lower left of page, slightly overlapping the frame. Use Crafty Foam Tape to add dimension to the flowers. Add last flower stem to right side of frame with Crafty Foam tape. Cut out die cut letters for title. I used an old Cuttlebug font.
Stampendous! Products I used:
Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you're having a great weekend!
The Pink elephant: 3 or more layers
Crazy 4 Challenges: Spring is in the Air
Friday Mashup: Use yellow and Green
Papertake Weekly: anything goes
Scrap your Crap: use stamps
iCopic: anything but a card