Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Scrappy Chick Sunday Sketch Challenge: Merry & Magical

Good morning!  I've decided its time to offer up sketch challenges again!  I just couldn't wait for the new year, so here's the first and it will run for 2 weeks, you have until Saturday, December 31st at 8pm EST to submit your entry! If you are using a public gallery please label your tags as "SCSSC01".


For my sample today I have actually drawn the sketch to go with the card that I created first!  


My card  uses Merry Magical from Stampendous!  Its been embossed in Stampendous! Clear Bark Embossing Powder onto scallop circles cut from  Nesting Scallop dies  by Lifestyle Crafts.  I love these because you get so many more shapes for the same amount as the Spellbinders dies!  


Here's a closeup of the  main panel.  The circles were then layered onto the center cut out of the Scandinavian  Hearts die from Cheery Lynn Designs.  It is one large die which cuts out the frame and the center which looks like a snowflake to me :)  Its a lovely combination  and there is never wasted space on a die from CLD!



Here's the Scandinavian Hearts die.


The pattern papers are from the Journey collection by Authentique Paper.  Authentique is one of my absolute favorite new paper lines!!

I have up for grabs for this challenge a Cheery Lynn Designs die that I happen to have 2 of, LOL.  Its called Polynesian Sails Oval.  I'm sorry, but for now US winners only.


I hope you'll join me!  Have a wonderful Sunday...only 6 shopping days...eeek!!

-Cyndi


5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Cyndi! I love that border and the color combo! I am gonna try to make a card using the sketch...LOVE that die! :O)

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Cyndi. I know folks will have fun with this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a Beautiful card Cyndi.. I absolutely love the that die.. I just entered the challenge and Im keeping my fingers and toes crossed to win.. Have an MERRY CHRISTMAS!! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did a big opps on my first card so I did a new one to enter I dident know how to get rid of the other one..Sorry!! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, Chica! I've posted my card for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Every comment makes me smile :)