Saturday, December 31, 2011

Bringing new life to old papers with Die Cuts!

Well, 2011 is coming to a close in just a few short hours.  I have high hopes for 2012 and am looking forward to it!  I thought I'd share a layout today with some pics of my kids from our DC trip this summer.  I had no idea where this layout would take me with the love theme, but I do love my kids!


I started with a pile of Bo Bunny paper from last year (have you seen the new Valentine's BTW, ca-ute!!) and pulled out all 3 of my new It Kits from Lifestyle Crafts.  I also used the 4x8 Chocolate alphabet for part of my title and the numbers on the tag in the bottom right.


I cut lots of little tag envelopes with the Tag It Kit and then lots of little tags to stick down into them.  For my journaling I simply punched some windows, adding some words then adhered them over the tags.


All the scraps of ribbon are from my stash, from May Arts, Stampin' Up!, and Michael's.  The brads are Bazzill, both the large and small ones.


For my title the large LOVE is from the Chocolate alphabet and the smaller MY LIFE is part of the Clip It kit from Lifestyle Crafts.  The circle tab and heart are from the same kit.


Another clip from the Clip It Kit, as well as a heart from the Tag It Kit.  The scalloped border is part of the Edge It Kit.  These 3 kits are wonderful, working great by themselves, or combining them together for endless possibilites.  They all provide lots of fun accents when you just need a little something extra as well!  below are the pics of the 3 kits:




Lots of fun, right??  I'll have more fun from Lifestyle Crafts for you tomorrow for my next sketch challenge, as well as announce the winner from the last challenge!

I hope you have have a very Happy New Year, be safe!

-Cyndi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Every comment makes me smile :)