Thursday, December 29, 2011

A Dreamweaver New Year

Time flies...its almost 2012 and with the New Year I am adding a new Design Team to my mix!  I'm thrilled to be joining the DreamTeam at Dreamweaver Stencils!  I know, you have never seen any stenciling on my blog, but thanks to my peeps Pam and Wendy I have been oohing and aahing over these beauties for a while now!  I will also be Repping for Dreamweaver and will be offering monthly technique classes at my local stores...so be sure to be on the look out!


Today's challenge was New Years.  Hmmm.  The generous Lynell Harlow, the queen bee herself, sent me a huge box of goodies, but no New Year specific themes, so I had to be a bit creative.  I went with the time flies idea since I can't believe 2012 is upon us already!



For my first stenciled endeavor, I used the Gears Stencil embossed in Matte Black Paste.  I first tried to add some gold mica, but I decided I liked the matte version better...more of a steampunk look.  And along with the gear theme and steampunk look I pulled out my Gears and Gadgets die from Tim Holtz for an accent.  Here's a peek at the actual embossed area.


The paste spreads beautifully for a wonderful dimensional effect!  My sentiment is stamped with  Time Flies by Stampendous!  Be sure to check out the other projects from the Dream Team at the Dream It Up blog, and enter our challenge while you are there!

I am signing off, to go play more with my new toys that Santa Lynell brought me!

-Cyndi



10 comments:

  1. Job well done! So glad you are part of this team! GEAR up for a GREAT year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This a great card I love the gears stencil and time really does fly. Welcome to the team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great minds think alike! Lol. Great Stampendous sentiment with the DW gears!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the range of interpretations on the same stencil – but we all agree on one thing: time does fly. Welcome to the team.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cyndi...this card is well designed. Those hinges and other accessories really add to the steampunk feel! Thanks for your contribution to this week's posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool, I love the whole steampunk look you have come up with. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Cyndi, very creative. I love the embellishments. Welcome to the team and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job coming up with a New Year's card using what you had. I like the addition of the hinges and the embellishment. The hints of gold here and there make a good contrast. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woo hoo! Congratulations Cyndi!!! Beautiful job on the card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Every comment makes me smile :)