Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Romeo, oh Romeo...

***Note: only 24 more Hours to Hop through the Incredible Virtual Valentine's Day Blog Hop with over 20 prizes!! Scroll down to the next post for the details!! ***


For today's card I used a brand new image available from Pixie Dust Studio! This one is called "Romeo Loves Juliet" from the brand new "Have a Ball" Collection. Aren't they sweet?!!


This is also my card for this fortnight's Desert Island Crafters Challenge.

This week we used Juanita's Desert Island Itinerary

1. Monochromatic
2. Movie or Book inspired
3. Buttons
4. The word “ FRIEND(S)” in your sentiment
5. Border Punch
6. Only one pattern paper
7. The color Red
8. No flowers
9. Swirls
10. Sparkle

We would love to have you play along with us! All you have to do is to use at least 3 of the items listed on Juanita's Itinerary. I used Sparkle, No flowers, Buttons, Movie, Border Punch, and Friends in the sentiment.


I added some Icicle Stickles to her wings and some Silverfox Smooch to parts of his armor and sword. to give the sparkle and shine.The top left corer was cut with a decorative edge scissor (which I also used for the tops of my tag) My button was dressed up with some May Arts silk ribbon and some assort ribbon scraps from my stash.


Here's the Copic colors that I used. I pulled the color scheme from the Cosmo Cricket paper used on the card.


Head over and leave some love for the rest of the Desert Island Crafters too!! We all really love your sweet comments :)

Alison Heikkila

Angela Enion

Berenice Rendon

Cyndi Bundi

Erica Johnson-Wanzer

Jo Willis

Juanita Gillen

Suzi McKenzie

Taylor Usry

Tasha Beasley



Other Challenges for this card:

Stamp Something: For your Valentine

Fab n Funky: Make your Own (tag)

Polka Doodle: That's Amore

Stampin for the Weekend: Valentine's Day

The Pink elephant: Valentine's

Creative Card Crew: Friendship


Thanks for visiting me today!! -Cyndi







2 comments:

  1. I love it:) Love the 'Have a Ball' Collection, bought mine this morning, got them printed out, just gotta find time to colour them:)
    Hope your well hunni
    Suzi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Romeo and Juliet is one of my all time favs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Every comment makes me smile :)