Monday, June 21, 2010

Method Monday with InStyle Stamps

Good Morning! Today I am in charge of Method Monday at the InStyle Stamps blog, but first I wanted to send you to --->THIS post to see all the details for the new InStyle Stamps Design Team Call!!

Today I want to share with you one of my favorite types of specialty fold cards...what Splitcoast Stampers has dubbed the "Joy Card". First you want to gather all of your supplies: cardstock, stamped or digitally printed image, embellishments, a trimmer and a scoring tool.


Above are all of my pieces precut. My bottom base card is 4.25 x 9.75. My top base card measures 3.75 x 7.5. To embellish the front of the bottom base my layer is 4 x 4. The layer atop my top base card is 3.5 x 3.5. ( My main image I chose to run through my Cuttlebug with a Layers 4 Nestabilties, but it could be any size square smaller than about 3.75 x 3.75.)


Using a scoring tool you want to score the bottom base card along the long side at 5.5 and fold. The top base card will be scored at 3.75 and folded. I used a Scor-Pal for my sample but there are many other ways to score a card.

Lay the 2 card bases out so that the larger is on the left, and both openings are to the center. If you want a layer on the inside back of your card add that now. Layer the open top base over the open bottom base so that the bottoms are adhered together. The left edge of the top base should be about 1/2 inch or slightly more in from the edge of the bottom base. First fold the bottom card closed, then the top one is closed to overlap the bottom.


This is a picture of how the top card is opened up leaving the bottom card still closed. I used a button attached only to the bottom card so that I can tuck the top card under (see last photo of card) The top card opens to the left (backwards)


Then the bottom card will open to the left as usual. A sentiment or message can be added to the inside. I used the digital anime image "Trent and Justin" from the InStyle Stamps web store.


This is the final card. Below is pictured the copics that I used and also a list of the supplies that I used.


Thanks so much for joining us today for Method Monday at InStyle Stamps! We would love for you to show us your version of a Joy Fold card if you create one! And don't forget to stop back in this Friday for our June Blog Hop!
  • Supplies:
  • Stamps: Trent & Justin digi (InStyle Stamps); Starbright, Starlight remix (Verve)
  • Paper: Dude Collection pp (Prima); black cs (Bazzill); white cs (Neenah)
  • Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
  • Accessories: Labels 4 Nestabilties (Spellbinders); button (Autumn Leaves); Scor Pal; Copic markers; Black precision pen (American Crafts)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Every comment makes me smile :)