Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Stampendous and STAEDTLER


This week's Stampendous catalog release theme is Balloons AND we are doing a collaboration with STAEDTLER all week!  There are multiple prizes up for grabs so be sure to read all the way through :)

For today I wanted to do something a little different from everyone else so I created a page in my Art Journal.  STAEDTLER sent me a gorgeous collection of red and pink Soft Pastel Chalks so I used three of those to create my background.



I rubbed 2430-2, 2430-24, and 2430-25 onto my page and then smudged them with my finger, blending slightly where the colors overlap.  You do need a fixative to set the pastels and I just happened to have a bottle of Spectrafix that worked perfectly!


Next I stamped a series of hot air balloons on my page in Versafine ink using Hot Air Trio and Airscapes.  I added a touch of color to the central balloons with STAEDTLER Ergo Soft Aquarell watercolor pencils.  This layered beautifully over the pastels AFTER they were set.

I added one of the borders from the Airscapes set, a bit of doodling and then stamped Dream Text below the horizon that I created.  The doodling was done with a STAEDTLER 0.5 Pigment liner.  Finally I added more pastel chalk around the edges and sprayed the page again.



The Stampendous prize package will include one prize package per day (total of 5 packages) from those folks commenting on our bloggers that day. Our package will include SSC1171 Hot Air Scapes Perfectly Clear Stamps and our SSC1170 Soaring Sentiments Perfectly Clear Stamps plus a Jumbo acrylic handle for use with them.




STAEDTLER prize package will be awarded at the end of the week, one for each of their bloggers from all commenters on that blog that week 

– package includes:
1 Set of 6 Triplus fineliners, pastel assortment
4 blocks of FIMO soft oven-bake clay in vanilla, peach, lilac and mint
1 Mars plastic eraser
1 Double hole metal pencil sharpener
1 Mars Lumograph sketch pencil
1 Pigment liner sketch pen
2 Creative idea brochures




Be sure to stop by all the blogs below for today's new posts:


And don't forget to leave comments on all these posts plus the rest of the ones from this week for more chances to win a prize package!

22 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love how you did the background color! So vibrant! TFS!







    ReplyDelete
  2. I have pastels but didn't really understand how to keep them from getting smeared onto something else until now! I just spray them with a setting spray! Ha! How easy that is! I agree about how gorgeous those pinks and reds are. I like the Dream Text all over the page, also. Fun fun! Thanks for your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the use of a few different colors in the balloons to really pop them from the background color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors! Looks like a beautiful sunset!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning colors on that gorgeous background. Love how vibrant it looks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful page! I love the monochromatic color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful project, I love the pink/red color!

    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice use of the pastel chalks...very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the chalked background and the touch of color on the balloons.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the chalk effect. Lovely project. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely coloring technique.Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  12. There is always something new and interesting on the blogs and today is no different. I love the background and then stamping the balloons over it, just great! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The chalks works wonderfully as a background and the balloon stamps are fantastic! Great page!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous Cyndi! Love that blended coloring over the whole thing- very dreamy looking.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow... what an awesome creation... just love it...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the happy pink color in the background. Love the layers of images!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love to see the cool techniques! Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A wonderful misty look to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. HOLY WOW! This is gorgeous, Cyndi!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the effect you got!!!! Stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Every comment makes me smile :)