Monday, September 23, 2013

Shattered Circles Flowers

A couple of weeks ago I taught my first Pan Pastels class at Betty's.  It was an all day affair and tons of fun.  After we worked in our Visual Journals learning new techniques we put some of those techniques to use in creating this small canvas.


The flowers were created with Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's Shattered Circles stencils from The Crafter's Workshop.  The larger ones were done with the 12x12 version using Molding Paste and then painted over with the Pan Pastels. The smaller ones were done with the same stencil in the 6x6 version and we painted directly through the stencil.


Inside circles are book text punched out.  Stems were free painted and the leaves were stenciled with Dyan Reaveley's newest Leaf Flourish stencil.


The sentiment on the tag is from a relatively new Tim Holtz set called Way with Words.

Here's a few pics from the class:


I had a fun crowd this day, Lynn, Kathy, Sharon, Judy, Peggy, and Dow.  


That's a lot of Pan Pastel love going on!

If you'd like to schedule a Pan Pastel class, leave me a comment and we'll schedule one on the store.  I can also travel to you if you are in the Carolinas area but not local and can gather some friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Every comment makes me smile :)