Good Morning all :) I have a mini-tutorial for you today on making Acetate cards! I nabbed up some new Some Odd Girl digs last week when they were on sale during the Facebook Fun Day and this little cutie is one I had so much fun with that I had to share the how-to!
When I started coloring Cheers Kaylee to match this uber bright and fun new line from Little Yellow Bicycle Splash Collection I started thinking abut the fun Clear Cuts that went with the paper I had and then my brain went....DUH! This is screaming acetate card!!
So here is the card shut (I had to hold it shut the the angle's a bit odd on this one) and there's many more photos to follow below :) (Note my matching Lime Green nails! Yeah baby)
I started with an 8.5 x 5.5 piece of Thermal Acetate from Stampendous! Using my Scor-pal I scored it down the middle and folded it in half. Along the long side of the card I dry embossed some Mini Dots with a Cuttlebug folder. (Yes this stuff embosses beautifully! And with the thermal acetate vs a cheaper version you can actually heat emboss on it!)
On the inside of the card is my bottom layer of cardstock/papers. I based the layout of the card on last weeks The PInk Elephant challenge:
Here's the bottom layer without embellishments or stamping. I did ink all my edges with Tim Holtz distress inks using a sponge applicator. (Colors: Faded Jeans, Shabby Shutters, and Spiced Marmalade)
I recreated the same oval shape for the front of the card in a slightly larger size using Oval Nesties so that the inside panel (where my sentiment goes) will be hidden when the card is closed.
I used My Stik adhesive (strong stuff!! from 3L) on the navy panel and adhered that to the INSIDE of the card on the front panel. Notice you see the adhesive at this point.
I then adhered the green layer on the front OUTSIDE over the navy layer, thus the tape is hidden! The same method is also how I did the inside panel.
Here's a closeup of adorable Kaylee. She was colored with Spectrum Noir markers.
And here's the card half closed so you can kinda see how it all works together.
And the card mainly closed. The fun clear embellishments were added using Fabri-tac glue from Beacon Adhesives. Its very clear and hides well in small doses PLUS it really holds the acetate pieces on tightly! I used the Fabri-Tac on the little dowel as well for her flag.
And I couldn't resist adding the Cheers! sentiment to the inside (from Margarita Birthday by Skipping Stones Design)
OK so hope this helps a bit if you were ever wondering how to glue stuff to a clear surface!