Thursday, November 7, 2013

Dreamweaver Stencils with Tim Holtz Distress Paint

Good morning!  Today is the first Thursday of the month and time for a new challenge at Dreamweaver Stencils.  Its all about Holiday gift giving this month.  AND this week we are partnering with Ranger Ink using Tim Hotlz's Distress Paints.  We are also partnering with Beacon all this month.


Today I upcycled a Tazo Tea tin for a ready made gift box.  I painted the top of the tin with the Distress paint then set that aside to dry while I worked on the rest of the tin.


I pulled out my Gelli plate and brayered some Distress paint across that, laid down some stencils and transfered the monoprint onto sticky back canvas.


The ornament die was cut from Tim Holtz tissue paper that was adhered t mixed media paper using Fast Finish from Beacon then painted.


I added part of the Joyeux Noel stencil on top, stenciled onto painted canvas with Red Label paste.  This was then added to the front of the tin after tying some Tim Holtz Crinkle ribbon around the top of the ornament.




Supplies:
Joyeux Noel, Large Flourish, Big Dots stencils (Dreamweaver Stencils)
Red Label embossing Paste (Dreamweaver)
Mowed Lawn, Evergreen Bough, Pine Needles, Picked Raspberry, Festive Berries, Aged Mahogany Distress Paint (Ranger)
Claudine Helmuth Sticky back canvas (Ranger)
Tim Holtz Carved Ornaments die (Sizzix)
Gelli plate
Brayer
Tazo tea tin

Here's who's playing today, so be sure to go leave some love:


29 comments:

  1. This is totally adorable, Chica! Kinda like you! Bright and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project! I love that you reused the tin, it looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever! Love the lovely vintage look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your reusing ? very nice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesomeness, Cyndi! Love all of the texture and color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the project, you are all so creative!! I am jealous..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great project! So festive & useful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Altered Art. Love the colors and the stencils used. I Love Dreamweaver Stencils!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gelli plates and Dreamweaver stencils are just magical.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the box. The colors are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great transformation for this box, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cyndi - Such a darling box! So many great techniques here.

    ReplyDelete
  14. gelli, distress DW stencils and canvas- what a combo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the look! I just learned of Gelli plates recently and want to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this! What great use of 'leftovers'! I've got stacks of tins awaiting such attention - now I'm inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cool re-purposing the tin. And I did not know that distress paint would stick to the metal. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just say this over at Paper Craft Planet!!! I love it! I have printed your tutorial, so I can give it a try! I have most of the supplies already... I just love when that happens! Have a wonderful rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Many peoples want to earn money on internet without any investment but there is many online jobs which have many investments. Now you can earn without any investment with Just clicking and Earn daily upto 10 Dollars.
    Join this Best opportunity to make money online without any investment or Charges.
    HotProClicks.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Make Money Online Without any work, You can Invest as low as 1$ Dollar to 100$ Dollars and Get Daily profit of 2.50% for 90 Days.
    Minimum Withdraw 1 and Instant Payout with PayPal, EgoPay and Perfect Money
    Join Now
    http://www.hotfxearnings.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Latest Automotive Information with Pictures, latest speedy cars, top vehicles
    TopAmazingCars.BlogSpot.Com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Female Celebrties Facebook Covers, Most Popular Fb Covers in the Industry
    UniqueFbCovers.Com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Home Based Business Join Now without any Work
    Earn 400% within a Month
    Payout within 24 Hours with Perfect Money, OkPay and EgoPay
    Join Now
    Dollar-Inv.co

    ReplyDelete
  24. Best Investment Plan with PayPal PayPal PayPal
    Payout within 24 Hours with Perfect Money, PayPal, OkPay and EgoPay
    Join Now
    AllTimeProfit.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Every comment makes me smile :)