Sunday, July 21, 2013

Mixed Media Layouts

 Good morning! Hope you all have had a fabulous weekend!  Mine so far has been full of rain and thus a migraine, sigh.  Feeling much better today though and I'm off to work soon.

Betty and I have been franticly prepping for the Stamp Scrap Art Tour in W-S next weekend.  We'll have tons of mixed media products available including the newest stencils from The Crafter's Workshop, new stamps from Dyan Reaveley and more!  I hope to see some of my local friends there Saturday :)

So in preparation for the show I've been creating like crazy for Betty.  The Silks acrylic glazes from Splash of Color have been really hot for us so I created a few layouts using them with stencils from TCW.


For this layout  used the 12x12 Fragmented Flower Stencil with a mixture of Apricot Nectar, Fuzzy Peach, and Watermelon Mist silks sponged through onto 12x12 watercolor paper.


I also painted the silks onto some Prima flowers and a heart cut out of chipboard with a Tim Holtz die.  Final touches include journaling and outlining the stenciled area, plus a tad of washi tape.


My next layout is done on a piece of pattern paper to add to the depth of the texture on the page. 


 I then stenciled some flowers from a Dyan Reaveley stencil in the same Silks colors around the edge and some dots in the center of the page randomly.


Again I used some cardboard die cut and painted that in Black Ice Silks this time, plus some more flowers.  My tag was also painted in silks.


More to follow on another day!  Shoot me a comment  or email if I'll see you at the show!

3 comments:

  1. Both layouts are gorgeous!! Love the colors.... mixed media pages are popular now so I think these will be great for the booth! I'll be at the show... heard you were teaching Friday night... congrats... I'll be there too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh... btw... I have THE hardest time getting the comment box to appear on your blog. I have to 'reload' the post's page a couple times before it pops up. There is not a comment link on the main read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good. If not before, see ya next weekend.
    Cindy c

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Every comment makes me smile :)