Thursday, September 20, 2012

Tips and Tricks Thursday

Good morning!  Today is my turn for Tips and Tricks at the Skipping Stones Design blog and I want to share with you some fun ways to use my favorite Dylusions  ink sprays and a few other  techniques with your Skipping Stones Design sets.  For my tag today I used SSD sets Grunge 1 , Grunge 2, and Garden Stamp Kisses.


First I started by spraying water and then Dylusions ink sprays onto my tag.  (I used Cut Grass, Vibrant Turquoise, Fresh Lime, and Melted Chocolate)

Next I used a roll of paper towels to soak up the excess water then finished drying the tag with a heat gun.


This is what the tag looked like at this point.


Next I sprayed water onto one of the border stamps from Grunge 1 and then stamped that onto my tag for a ghosted effect.


Let the water set for a few seconds then dry to see the ghosting effect begin to show.


Then I wanted to add some random stamping in the background so I used another border from Grunge 1, inked it with Versafine Ink then rolled it onto the tag so I would only get partial images from the stamp.


This is what it looked like at this point.  (I also used the same technique to add the speckle border from Grunge 2 using Mowed Lawn Distress ink.


I then added a main sentiment from Grunge 2 and the crow from Garden Stamp Kisses in Versafine ink.  It was still a bit bare so I added some of the little Fleur de Lis stamp all over and doodled a bit around the edges.


My final step was to re-stamp the crow in Peacock Feathers Distress ink, cut him out and ink the edges in Brushed Corduroy and pop him up over the black shadow of the crow.




1 comment:

  1. You're having too much fun there! Don't you just love the spray inks and stamping!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Every comment makes me smile :)