Sunday, February 7, 2010

Stepping up My Scrapbooking

I meant to get this post finished for yesterday to start up on my Scrappy Sunday posts again, but alas...as usual my plans didn't quite work out. So here it is Monday and here is my page for you, It seems like I haven't scrapbooked in like forever. And of course this one still isn't really for me.

I had planned out the page when I had thought of submitting an entry for the 2010 Spellbinders Team. But I decided against submitting at the last minute. So, thats why none of my children are on the page. I had wanted to use my friend Heather's new baby McKenna but couldn't get my hands on a picture. So instead I used one that my son Perry took of the neighbors adorable little girl, Tatum. I guess now I should give this page to her mom, huh?

OK, on to the page elements. My favorite part is the "On the Vine Border". I cut it out of the green part of a My Minds Eye pp, then airbrushed it with my copics and ABS1 with a slightly darker shade of green. Then, while still in the die, I added some Moonlight White smooch to parts of the leaves over the copic markered areas The little flowers are from "Flower Creations 1". They were done the same way...cut, embossed, airbrushed, then smooched.
The border around the center panel was one with "Labels 5". I cut out and airbrushed a bunch of these then cut them in half and placed them around 2 sides of the center piece, adding some little gems to the points. Tatum's name is done with a Glitter pen from American Crafts and the first letter is cut with a Spellbinders alphabet die. The letters are on a piece cut with "Fancy Tags".

To finish I added a few more flowers done with "Flower Creations 1" and some ribbon of course. I think the page turned out gorgeous, but it did not photograph so well. Click on any image to get a close up and better view.

OK, so I have to head off to work now, Have a great week and thanks for stopping in!

-Cyndi

  • Supplies:
  • Stamps:none
  • Paper: Abbey Road collection (My Minds Eye); white cs (Neenah)
  • Ink: Versacolor
  • Accessories: Moonllight White smooch; gems (Hero ARts); ribbon (May Arts); glitter pen (American Crafts); copics & ABS1 (Imagination International); Labels 5, Fancy Tags, Flower Cretaions 1, On the Vine (Spellbinders)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This is such a nice LO. The colors are great and with all those yummy Spellbinder shapes, oh my!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Every comment makes me smile :)