Saturday, February 6, 2010

Pixie Challenge #7

I can't believe the sun finally decided to come out and play here in North Carolina....thanks Mr Sunshine!! So in honor of spring days to come I colored my Pixie with bright fun colors! This is "Catching Hearts", a digi stamp available at Pixie Dust Studio.

I used her for this weeks Pixie Challenge, which is to create a decorative border. Well, hmm. I always use borders. So I had to do something different. So I thought I would try out my new Bazzill gem templates. I got the border set, and it is so very cool! I used it along with Crimson gems on the left side of my card.

My Pixie is colored with the copics pictured below to match the stripes in the Bo Bunny valentine paper that I used. The background cardstock is also by Bo Bunny, called Double Dots. I LOVE this stuff!!! And there are NEW colors this year!!
The sentiment is from a Stampendous! set called "Changito Valentines". I cut it out with a small Blossom Nestabilities and then airbrushed the center. Its then layered on a Heart Nestabilitie (both dies are by Spellbinders).

I love this little digi! so glad I popped in one day and saw this pretty new company! Go check the images out at Pixie Dust Studio. All are fun and whimsical for the inner child :) I downloaded a few more that you will be seeing in the days and weeks to come too! (digis are so much more affordiable than real stamps)

I also created another border around my digi image... a hand drawn broken line connected with little hearts. And I gave her a few matching gems on her dress, and of course a bow made with the most adorable scrap of ribbon I found in my stash. SUpplies are listed below.

As always, I appreciate your visit and love to get your comments! Have a great weekend :)
-Cyndi

  • SUpplies:
  • Stamps: Catching Hearts digi (Pixie Dust Studio); Changito Valentines (Stampendous!)
  • Paper: white cs (Neenah); WIld Berry Red & Mint Dot, Flirty Stripe (Bo Bunny)
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Cardinal Versacolor (Tsukineko)
  • Accessories: Hearts standard & Blossom Nestabilties (Spellbinders); Border gem templates & Cardinal gems (Bazzill); ribbon from stash; Copic markers E00, E000, E11, C9,C7, C5, C3, YG11, YG13, RV21, RV23, R29, BG000, BG02, B04, Melon & Lipstick SPicas, ABS1 (Imagination International)

3 comments:

  1. What a cute card! simply adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Cyndi! I love the lil bow in her hair! Very cute! Wonderful colors too!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Pixie Dust Studio :)
    hugs, margie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Every comment makes me smile :)