Saturday, March 30, 2013

Stampendous Templates with Gelatos Tutorial

Its the end of March and I am finally getting around to finishing a project that I started weeks ago for this month's Stampendous challenge: Templates.  Did you know that all the new Jumbo stamps come with FREE stencil/masks?  Way cool.


First gather your supplies:
Stampendous Jumbo Poppy Stamp (and masks)
Stampendous Music Score background stamp
Stampendous Clear Detail EP
Versafine Ink
Faber Castell Gelatos
Paint brush and water


I started by placing the reverse mask on white paper and coloring inside that with my Gelatos from Faber Castell.


After I scribbled on some color I added some water to blend it out a bit.


While that was stil wet I added more Gelatos and rubbed that in with my finger.


After that was dry I stamped the Jumbo Poppy stamp in Black Versafine ink, added Clear Detail EP and embossed it with my heat gun.  Don't the Gelatos make the most beautiful vibrant colors?



I added a bit of turquoise gelatos around the edge of the poppy.  Next I used the inside mask and stamped over the top with the Music Score stamp in Versafine ink.



I know its too late to play in our challenge this month but I wanted to share anyway!  Don't fret though, our new challenge wil be up in just a couple of days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Every comment makes me smile :)