Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Spectrum Noir Spring Challenge

Have you joined the March/April Spring Challenge over at the Spectrum Noir blog yet?  You still have time!  You can see all the details at THIS post.  I have had this Easter Art Journal page on my mind for a while now and finally got it done.

                                         

My background started with a coat of gesso then I added white acrylic paint when that was dry.  While the paint was stil wet I dropped some Spectrum Noir alcohol reinker onto the page and let it drip.  My colors were IB3, LG5, and LV2.  When that was partially dry I sprayed Calypso Teal Dylusions ink over the whole thing and blotted to blend a bit.

I also added some collaged bits of paper from Bo Bunny, sprayed some Dylusions Calypso Teal through a stencil, and then muted parts with more white gesso.



I used with the Bunny Girl digi stamp  from The Octopode Factory and blew her up a bit.  She and the Egg Plants (also TOF) are  colored with my species (colored listed below) then cut out.


Final touches on the page were washi tape and some doodling with Sharpie paint pens.

Spectrum Noir colors used for coloring:
IB3, IB2, IB1
LG5, LG4, CG3
GB5, GB4, CT4, CT2
GB10, GB8, EB5
LV3, LV2, LV1
FS9, FS4, FS2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Every comment makes me smile :)