Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Skipping Stones Tuesday

Its time for a new inspiration challenge at Skipping Stones Design and this week its a color combo and/or trigger photo.  You have all week to enter and one lucky winner will win an SSD stamp set of their choice!  SO go get stamping!


When I spotted the map I thought of this What's Up paper from Basic Grey that just also happened to have balloons, so guess what stamp set got pulled out?  Uplifting!   I started by spraying all my papers with Frost and Copper Sheer Shimmer Spritzs from Tsukineko.  All edges were then inked with Smokey Gray Versafine (Tsukineko).  



                                                 

I then heat embossed my 3 balloons (and the sentiment) with Sepia Versafine and clear EP.  I cut the balloons all out and popped them up with Crafty Foam tape.


Here's a closer shot at the sentiment (one of many from the Uplifting set)


Challenge List:
Make It Monday: linky party




10 comments:

  1. Love this! I seriously need to ink up Uplifting! Your card is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! So pretty and vintagey...awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super pretty, Cyndi! I love how you used the hot air balloons! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw this on MIM and think it is fabulous Cyndi. Love the colours you have used
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Embossing on patterned paper is so elegant, and so much fun! What a lovely card you have here, and thank you for reminding me of this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fab card ,love that embossing and your layout is awesome
    Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I spotted your lovely card on MIM. Love how you've put together all the paper pieces to make this fab design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw your card at MIM and came by for a closer look... I"m #3!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Every comment makes me smile :)