Wednesday, September 1, 2010

In Style Stamps Sketch Challenge

***Scroll down for my card for the Pixie Dust Studio Harry Potter release today!!***

Hello again! Today is also the day for this months InStyle Stamps Sketch challenge! Here's the cool sketch that Taylor came up with for us:



BUT, there was a catch this month! It has to be a T-slide card. What's that you ask? I didn't know either! I thought I had tried every fun, funky and outrageous fold out there, but this was a new one on me. HERE is the link to the tutorial in the resources section of Splitcoast Stampers.


So here is mine. I used Violet, from InStyle Stamps. I think I was drawn to her because I played violin as a child. I always wished one of my kids would play, but only band is offered in school where we live...no strings. So sad. Anyway, I used the new Steampunk Debutante paper line by Graphic 45 as my color inspiration.


Here is the front of the card open. And below you can see the open version from a different angle. Its actually a very cool card, just not a pattern to start with for a beginner or the faint at heart!! (JK Taylor!)



The sentiment is from a really old Stampin' Up! set called Musical Manuscript.

So, be sure to head over to the ISS blog to get all the details on the sketch challenge. You have all month to play along with us, and the winner gets either 1 FREE digi from InSTyle Stamps, or 2 FREE images if you used an InStyle Stamps image for your card!

Thanks for hanging with me today! I may have one last post for you today, if not there will be 2 tomorrow! Have a great hump day :)

-Cyndi

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Every comment makes me smile :)