Thursday, May 23, 2013

Scrapbooking on the Wall with The Crafters Workshop

When I attended the Trade Show in Boston recently I was lucky enough to take a class from Jaime Echt, owner of The Crafters Workshop.  We had fun playing with lots of stencils and their new dies but  I didn't finish my project there because I was unhappy with the color choices the lady at my table made for us.  Soooo, I took my display board home along with some pre-sprayed pieces from Jaime and played more with my collection of TCW stencils until I came up with this final piece inspired by the class.


Jaime had pre-sprayed some mixed media paper with various colors of Radiant Rain and assorted TCW stencils.  I cut a few of these pieces with the new dies.

The first panel has the "happy" die cut from Vertical Happy Bunting and the background I sprayed Ginger Flower Radiant Rain through the  Circle Regiment stencil.  I also added some Viva Bronze Modeling Creme by Splash of Colour through the Aztec stencil directly onto the photo.


This panel has a background sprayed through the Aztec stencil and then in the bottom I stenciled part of Lifes Months with Graphite Ferro Special Effects Paste onto a sprayed panel.


This panel was die cut using Vertical Happy Bunting and then cut apart.  The bunting I glued to the top of the display panel.  (I used Zip Dry from Beacon for the whole project)


One of the other panels uses the frame from the Horizontal Chevron die, and then I used the negative pieces to decorate the inside of this panel.


Products used:
Tiny Circles 6x6 stencil (TCW)
Aztec 6x6 stencil (TCW)
Life Months 6x6 stencil (TCW)
Circle Regiment 6x6 stencil (TCW)
Mixed Up Alpha 6x6 stencil (TCW)
Horizontal Chevron die (TCW)
Vertical Happy Bunting (TCW)
Seven Gypsies Display tray
Luminarte Radiant Rain sprays (Splash of Colour)
Ferro Special Effects Paste Graphite (Splash of Colour)
Bronze Modeling Creme (Splash of Colour)
May Arts Ribbon


1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love this!!! Beautiful wall hanging! I chuckled when I read you didnt like the colors the lady at your table picked... wonder who that lady was.... I might have an idea. I didn't know TCW had stencils!! Very exciting to learn this! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Every comment makes me smile :)