Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year

Happy 2013!  I won't share my personal resolutions with you, cause I'm still trying to decide what is most important to me to change.  BUT 2 of my crafty resolutions are :
to complete 1 scrapbook layout at least once a week
to work in my art journals daily if even for just a few minutes

I have really enjoyed the journey that I began this year in Art Journaling.  It provides for such freedom of expression as nothing is wrong, anything can be layered over, and I can mix and match whatever products that I wish since its for me.  I am also beginning an Art Journal Calendar for this year and I'm working on my January pages right now...they are drying!


So I thought I would share a page that I completed at our first "Dylus-a-thon" at Bettys last month.  We spent an entire Sunday chatting and spraying and journaling.  Most of what I used on this page was borrowed from someone else that day...but I have since bought one of the stamp sets and one of the stencils that I used!


The background was created with Dyusions ink sprays then I ghosted the stencil with water spray.  Below is the left facing page....LOVE this quote that I borrowed from Donna!


I still haven't bought the Dylusions bird set but my collection has grown to like 18 sets...Geez.  Can you say addict?  But guess what?  I am soooo excited that I get to take a class from Lady Dyan the day after CHA!!  Can't wait!!

                                     

Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope 2013 is all that you want it to be!


1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year Cyndi!! I remember this page!! It's gorgeous! We did a lot of fun that day and I'm looking forward to the one this month! Your crafty resolutions are wonderful. I'm happy for you about taking the class from Dyan and yes, I'm jealous all at the same time...LOL!! You better take lots of pics so I can see what fun you had! Best wishes for a Happy, Healthy, Wealthy and an abundantly inky, crafty 2013!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Every comment makes me smile :)