Thursday, August 9, 2012

Tips and Tricks Thursday

I'm up for Tips and Tricks Thursday at the Skipping Stones Design Blog today!


I am  sharing with you one of my new favorite mediums along with some silhouetted Skipping Stones Design stamps!  I fell in love with the new Dylusions ink sprays from Ranger the minute they came out because the colors are so fresh, bright and funky!

Today I am sharing some tips from videos and tutorials I have seen from Dyan Reaveley and local stores.


I started with a plain old manilla tag and sprayed it with water.  Then I added Pure Sunshine, Bubblegum Pink, and Fresh Lime sprays and a bit more water.

Squish two tags together then absorb some of the moisture with paper towels.  Heat with heat tool on both sides to help it lay flat.

I then stamped a bunch of stems/branches/sprigs with Heartsong 2 and  Beautiful Botanicals, both found in the webstore <---- to the left.  All stamping was done on Versafine Onyx Black ink.


I then went back and added color to my leaves with more of the Fresh Lime using a water pen dipped directly into the bottle.  I added some Orange to the bird to make him pop a bit more.


And here's the final tag once I added some May Arts ribbon and sentiment.


3 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Every comment makes me smile :)