Monday, August 15, 2011

This is Halloween...

"Isn't the view beautiful? It takes my breath away. Well, it would if I had any. "- The Corpse Bride



Happy Monday!  Its challenge time at Desert Island Crafters Challenge again and today I have a PEEK for you!!  This is The Corpse Bride coming soon from Simply Betty Stamps!  She will be released in just a few short weeks, but you may see peeks of her popping up all over the place!!  If you like Betty's images, be sure to follow me for me peeks of fun stuff to come!!



And check out that AWESOMEly spooky gate!  Its a new  background  stamp from Stampendous! called Beware Gate thats embossed with new Aged Black Embossing Enamel.

So, on to the challenge!!  Its Suzie McFloozy's Itinerary that we follow this week, and here it is:

1 - Dry embossing
2 - Paper piecing (not to be confused with piercing!)
3 - Pearls
4 - Office stationary (paper clips etc)
5 - Kraft card
6 - Ruffles
7 - Stickers
8 - Stitching
9 - Vintage/Old fashioned (could be an image or just style)
10 - Fabric

I used #1 Dry embossing (Tim Holtz folder distressed with purple Metallic rubons)
#3 pearls (from May Arts, tied into my other ribbons)
#6 Ruffles  & # 8 Stitching
(I stitched my ribbon to the panel overlapping pieces to form a ruffled edge)




Here's a shot of the ribbon and pearl trim and the ruffle border



More of the ruffle border, a tad of the embossed black mat, and sentiment)


And finally  closeup of The Corpse Bride herself.  I just love her!!  And just wait to you see the rest of the Burton Chibis coming in September!!   


We hope you will join us this Fortnight in our challenge!  You have until August 31st to play along!!





Thanks for stopping by!  Please say hi, I love to read your comments!  And, don't forget to leave a comment for my Stampendous! Saturday blog candy giveaway!


-Cyndi





  

8 comments:

  1. super card, thanks for joining our embossing challenge at Crafty Catz this week, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fabulous as always Cyndi. I love all the amazing details. All is a little calmer here (thanks for checking sweetie x). I just hope it stays that way when school starts up again in September. xx Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card i really love them....

    Plastic Card

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous layers!!
    Thank you for playing along with Ellephantastic this month.
    Good luck
    Hugs
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh this is one adorable creation, I love the papers and the image is adorable, fabulous embossing too

    Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, for our challenge 95 Emboss it

    I have some Calorie free Candy if you are interested.

    Good Luck with the challenge,
    Hugs Bridget Crafty Catz DT :0) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love this Cyndi!! The background scenery adds so much to the card and it reminds me so much of the movie.
    xx-
    Jess :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Every comment makes me smile :)