Friday, August 5, 2011

There's a pocket in my layout!

Boo!  Its August...almost time for the BEST Holiday of the year!  Can you guess what my favorite is??  If you said Halloween then you are right on the money and you will love all the spooky fun I have coing you way in the months to come!

We have our 3rd scrap Team Challenge over at SImply BettyStamps Challenge Blog!  We saw some terrific tags, and love to go look it them all!  Please remember you dont have to use a Betty image to get started, you never know when you might win one!  But of course if ya got em, flaunt em!  But play along with us either way!!


This week our challenge to you is to add a pocket or two to your layout.  However you interpret that.  I chose to sew some pockets onto my background so i could slip some tags in for a bit of hidden journaling.  I stapled my ribbons on the edges, as well as stapling the web meshy cool stuff since its hard to figure out the best way to keep it down.


You can see a bit of a peek at Vampire Gigi here.  She's been brought out From the Crypt to see the light of day again (or the Ott ligt of a stamping room!)  She's available in the SBS store in a single rubber stamp and she's on SALE right now, from $5.50 marked down to $3.50.  How fun for a back to school card for a teenager!



 Here's a bit better view of the stitching , the mesh, the tags sticking out of the pockets, and all the staples.  Even a slight peek at the gesso and black ink all over the bG of the page.


And finally a spotlight on Vampire Gigi herself.  She's not exactly what my DD was going for when doing the Halloween makeup, but I thought it was funny with the pic.

So, we would LOVE for you to join our challenge this week!  Scrapbooking is just creating a card on a bigger canvas.  No different!

AND be sure to head over to our Facebook Fan Page...something got messed up and Betty lost the whole she-bang....so PLEASE go re- LIKE the SBS page!!  WHen we get to 500 "likes" there, there will be a FREE digi for everyone!!  Spread the word, and make sure everyone knows to say who referred them!

Have a spookilicious Weekend!!

-Cyndi

And as always lots of new fun suprises, announcements and more going on over at the SBS Blog!

5 comments:

  1. Cyndi, I am soooo loving this! What a fang-tastic layout! I LOVE the way the title came out. And I am in awe of your stitching. If my sewing machine is out, I better be making clothes! ;) Really great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun layout. I love the photo and how you captured the "make-up" process. This stamp is the perfect compliment to his design. Such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always such great layouts I have never tried to use stitching in my projects but I need to try it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Every comment makes me smile :)