Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Pan Pastels meet Ronda Palazzari's Fancy Feathers

Sunday I taught my first Pan Pastels class at Betty's and we had so much fun!  I wanted to share one of the pages from my teaching journal with you today before I label the page with notes for my next class.


When demoing this page I wanted to show layering with lighter colors of the Pan Pastels then adding Versamark through a stencil with a slightly darker color.  The first part of the page was working beautifully, then the next layer I added looked kind of yuck.  But as I kept adding the feathers to the page and blending the colors, I ended up loving the final piece!


The Fancy Feathers stencil is by Ronda Palazzari for The Crafter's Workshop and it was perfect for the background of this technique.  I kept moving the stencil around and adding variations of the same color combo through the different feathers.  The top versamarked layer was done using one of Jaime's stencils from TCW called Tile Texture.  (There is also a small portion stenciled from Dyan Reaveley's newest Leaf Flourish stencil.)  Stamped images from Tim Holtz set's Way with Words and Classics #4


1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Every comment makes me smile :)