Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Art Journal pages in my NEW Dylusions Creative Journal

Guess what arrived at my local Stamp Store last week?  The new Creative Journal from Dyan Reaveley for Ranger!  I didn't get a chance to play with it the first night but last Friday I spent the afternoon with Betty and Lynna playing in our new journals!


First I just have to tell you how wonderful the paper is in the journal...wonderful texture and weight, perfect for spraying and ghosting and adding layers of color.  

I began by spritzing my page with water then sprayed on a generous amount of  Bubblegum Pink, Squeezed Orange and Pure Sunshine Dylusions ink sprays.  I then Used the Chequered Dots stencil on the edges and sprayed Crushed Grape through that.


I then used the Let it Snow Stencil and sprayed water through that for the ghosted snowflakes.  Then I went to town adding lots of stamping and doodling.  (All stamps used listed below)


All products can be found locally or by mail  in Betty's Scrapbook Room or order online through Dyan's store in the UK .  (all products listed below) 


This is the facing page.  Lots more stamping and doodling.  I also added some snowflakes from the Let it Snow Stencil using Picket Fence Distress Stain by Tim Holtz.



After the images were stamped I went in with a Ranger water brush and picked up colors of the various Dylusions sprays and colored in parts of the images.


And of course, lots more doodling.  I used my Copic multi liner and Signo white gel pen.


Here's a closeup of my reindeer turned into a present.  Ho Ho Ho...


Dylusions Stamps used:
 Inbetweenies
Word Love 
Ruby Rainbow
Curious Corrin
Traveling Travis
Dependable Dotty
Further round the Edge
Christmas Accessories
Christmas Backgrounds
Christmas Borders

Dylusions Ink sprays:
Bubblegum Pink
Squeezed Orange
Crushed Grape
Fresh Lime
Pure Sunshine
Cut Grass

Dylusions Stencils:
Let It Snow
Chequered Dots

Ranger Products:
Archival Black ink
Water pen
Picket Fence Distress Stain
Spray Bottle

Other: 
Signo white gel pen
Copic Multi liner 0.8

6 comments:

  1. This turned out so cool. Tomorrow is my day off of work so maybe I can get to play in my new journal too! Love how the colors turned out! I like the idea of not having to prime paper with gesso since it dulls the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW these look fantastic hun, Love them. Hoping to collect my journal on saturday at the Art From the Heart open day, whoop whoop. Enjoy yours.
    Sandra Botham. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous well done you. I am still waiting for my new journal to arrive xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks like it was a LOT of fun to do!! The pages you shared are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely. Beautiful Colors. Those dylusion inks are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! This page is simply wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Every comment makes me smile :)