Friday, February 17, 2012

Basic Grey Sketch Challenge

Guess what?  I have been finally scrapbooking again!  Well, not a ton like I used to, but one page at a time helps, right?  Today I thought I would play along with this week's Basic Grey Sketch Challenge.  (See sketch below).  For my layout I pulled out a few pics from our 2010 New York trip.


I started with some papers from the Basic Grey Wander line, because how perfect is that subway map paper?  I know!  I followed along pretty close to the sketch and even found some old cut out BG letters from the Color Me Silly line.  The city part was cut with High Rise alphabet from Lifestyle Crafts.  The two frame elements are also by LSC, Nesting Frame 2 dies.  I simply printed my journaling and subtitles onto vellum and then layered them over the die cut frames.  (BG paper is from BG Basics line, and subtitle cream piece from Ambrosia)



I also added a bit of a border to the bottom using my wavy dots EK Success punch.  Finally I added some brads and a button from Basic Grey (I can't keep up with what collections they wee from, I sort my buttons by brand into jars) and a piece of divine twine.


Here's the sketch if you have time to play along!


Thanks for visiting today!  Hope you have a great weekend :)  -Cyndi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Every comment makes me smile :)